Software Customization Services, Inc.
Feb 2007 / Present
- Doing software product design, development, documentation, installation,
configuration, training, and support.
- Products include CAD automation and web database apps.
- Clients include: American
Workhorse, Design Two,
EWT Consulting, JL Design Services, Keane Musty, Kraus Fitch Architects, Landru Design, Mike Young Designs, Morris Architects, Nemetschek NA, OzCAD, Shook Kelley, SJ Morse
Company, TMA Fine Home Design,
UK Architects, WMCRP Architects.
Oct 1999 / Feb 2007
- Product manager for VectorWorks Architect, versions 9~12.
- Managed 4 onsite and 2 offsite programmers, working in PASCAL and C++.
- Responsible for market analysis, feature design, scheduling, programming, and
- Responsible for the automated build/install/update system for the entire VectorWorks
IT Operations Manager
Mar 1998 / Oct 1999
- Responsible for software operations on a WAN consisting of 1100 desktops and 36
- Operations spanned 5 different campuses in 4 different states.
- Direct manager of 6 senior analysts doing programming, implementations, maintenance,
and enhancements to 10 database systems.
- Databases included Oracle, FoxPro, SQL Server, Sybase, MySQL, Access, and
- Programming languages included Visual Basic, Visual dBASE, SQL, and
- Lines of business included architectural design, construction management,
facilities management, enterprise accounting, point-of-sale, work order
processing, and medical billing.
- Dotted-line manager of 7 system administrators, 2 DBAs, and 6 help desk operators.
- Reported directly to CIO, CFO, and COO on daily budget administration and on major
- Member of a team who planned and implemented a Windows 3.11 ~ NT 4.0 migration and a
Novell 3.12 ~ 4.11 migration for 1100 users.
- Did an AutoCAD R12 ~ R14 migration, including re-working 685k of AutoLISP
programming and menu customization.
- Produced data flow studies, enterprise resource diagrams (ERDs), ROI studies, RFPs,
and RFQs in support of an enterprise-wise database overhaul initiative.
- Defined the database architecture for a facilities management system. Helped define
the table structures for the contruction management, AR/AP, FAS, and work order aspects
of the new database system.
- Set up a corporate intranet using HTML and ASP.
- Set up and administered a test network (Novell server and NT workstations).
- Generated virtual reality scenes (in VRML) of corporate properties using TrimCam.
Help Desk Lead
Lockheed Martin, Inc.
Washington, D. C.
May 1997 / Mar 1998
- Managed 4 systems analysts supporting 600 users at the EPA headquarters.
- Member of a Novell 3.12 ~ 4.11 migration team, representing the help desk groups.
- Documented installation/configuration/trouble-shooting procedures for all supported
applications in HTML.
- Received 3 awards for superior customer service and technical proficiency.
Feb 1997 / May 1997
- Developed, documented, and marketed a commercial software application (TrimCam).
- Performed telephone support under software maintenance agreements for 2 companies.
Sailing Specialties, Inc.
Apr 1995 / Jan 1997
- Trained CAD operators and CNC programmers on 1st shift.
- Provided telephone support for CAD operators and CNC programmers on 2nd shift.
- Did design automation programming in AutoLISP for use with AutoCAD R12/R13.
- Responsible for installation, configuration, and maintenance of PC hardware, desktop
software, and network.
- Did procedural documentation and tutorials, and generated production reports.
References are available on request.